Post a reply

Re: Stadium News Update

Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:33 pm

Dunkirk Spirit wrote:I was told a few weeks ago that plans for the redevelopment had already been drawn up. The intention was to erect a temporary stand on the West terrace and using seats from the east stand. The East stand to be demolished around May next season and work starting on the new East stand immediately, for completion at the start of 2021 season. I have not posted this before now because although the information came from a reliable source, I didn’t want to raise fans expectations. I hope now with the consultation being offered for the East Stand there’s some hope of information being released by the club/trust. We all live in hope.


Got told a few weeks ago we’d have good stadium news announced shortly but no details on what it was. After all the false dawns it’s a case of believe it when I see it but I’m hoping.

Up the Trin

Re: Stadium News Update

Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:36 pm

Wakefield City wrote:What’s the other option? Not knocking the Trust by the way,they’ve have done an excellent job over the last decade or so and we all appreciate that work. Had an email today saying the supporters trust was ending at end of the month is this anything to do with the way the stadium development is going.

Up the Trin


I'm guessing it's because the stadium may no longer be a community stadium run by a Trust because the club has found a way to own Belle Vue and make money from it, for the benefit of the club rather than the community, which will be why Wakefield FC may play there, because Trinity will charge them rent. This will help Trinity but I suspect will allow Yorkcourt to walk away from their obligations and promises.

Re: Stadium News Update

Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:54 pm

Wakefield City wrote:What’s the other option? Not knocking the Trust by the way,they’ve have done an excellent job over the last decade or so and we all appreciate that work. Had an email today saying the supporters trust was ending at end of the month is this anything to do with the way the stadium development is going.

Up the Trin


The dissolution of the Supporters Trust is totally unrelated.

We have suffered from falling numbers and a lack of members wishing to get involved in the day to day running of the Trust.

If sufficient numbers feel strongly about continuing the Supporters Trust we will assist you in every way possible in meeting the legal obligations, FCA obligations etc.

The Trust will end as a legal entity but continue on Social Media platforms.

Re: Stadium News Update

Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:17 pm

Sandal Cat wrote:The dissolution of the Supporters Trust is totally unrelated.

We have suffered from falling numbers and a lack of members wishing to get involved in the day to day running of the Trust.

If sufficient numbers feel strongly about continuing the Supporters Trust we will assist you in every way possible in meeting the legal obligations, FCA obligations etc.

The Trust will end as a legal entity but continue on Social Media platforms.


Am I confusing the Stadium Trust and the Supporters Trust?

Re: Stadium News Update

Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:43 pm

Slugger McBatt wrote:Am I confusing the Stadium Trust and the Supporters Trust?


I think you may well be.

The Wakefield & District Community Trust is the Stadium Trust as opposed to The Wakefield Trinity Supporters Society Limited which is better known as the Supporters Trust.

Two separate bodies but easily confused.

Re: Re: Stadium News Update

Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:29 am

Wakefield Trinity launch community consultation about proposed plans for a new Community Stand at Belle Vue!

Just noticed this has been put back onto trinity twitter page 2 hours ago. Is the consultation continuing for another 2 weeks?

Re: Stadium News Update

Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:47 am

I was at the stadium 2weeks back mid week just for a look around and there were workers there doing ground work for the new stands they told me.

Re: Stadium News Update

Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:08 am

BOJ042 wrote:I was at the stadium 2weeks back mid week just for a look around and there were workers there doing ground work for the new stands they told me.


What, did you nip over from Cas in your lunch break ??

Re: Re: Stadium News Update

Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:12 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: Stadium News Update

Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:56 pm

BOJ042 wrote:I was at the stadium 2weeks back mid week just for a look around and there were workers there doing ground work for the new stands they told me.



Its a must dig.....hole

hope you had a good whine about their shoveling technique and the quality of the site foreman.


tbh, I'm kinda sad I missed taking you for a pint....:)
PreviousNext
Post a reply

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/