Post a reply

Re: Le Weekend Magique ??

Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:24 am

Mr Bliss wrote:Folklore has it that the one and only time we played at Oakwell we made such a mess of the pitch that we would never ever play there again.

We've played at Oakwell twice, once against Sheffield Eagles (which I attended) and once against Saints (which I wasn't able to make).

Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:26 am

JINJER wrote:I'd much prefer Dublin.

Youl'd have to rob a bank to spend a weekend in Dublin

Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:30 am

Big lads mate wrote:Youl'd have to rob a bank to spend a weekend in Dublin

Worth every penny though. :)

Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:33 am

JINJER wrote:Worth every penny though. :)

Only if youv'e got it :thumb: great place though, been a few times, Temple Bar can get ready if it ever happens :o

Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:56 pm

Big lads mate wrote:Only if youv'e got it :thumb: great place though, been a few times, Temple Bar can get ready if it ever happens :o

Similar price to Perpignan, five to six euros a pint on average.:)

Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:23 pm

Terrible idea. If not just for the fact that once again we are pricing out core supporters who cannot afford to go to the south of France twice in a year and have a family holiday e.t.c. There's plenty of palces they could take it in the UK to try and spread the game without taking it overseas.

Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:37 pm

JINJER wrote:Similar price to Perpignan, five to six euros a pint on average.:)

One thing about it Jinjer, flights will be direct from most airports and shorter, hopefully a lot cheaper. Thinking about it now not a bad shout, after travel to stanstead, parking etc and a cracking stadium :THINK:

Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:55 pm

Adam_Harrison9 wrote:Terrible idea. If not just for the fact that once again we are pricing out core supporters who cannot afford to go to the south of France twice in a year and have a family holiday e.t.c. There's plenty of palces they could take it in the UK to try and spread the game without taking it overseas.

I tend to agree with you tbh but as a one off and it’s actually in France and not some pointless venue like Barcelona on balance I’ll go with it, but only once.

Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:55 pm

Adam_Harrison9 wrote:Terrible idea. If not just for the fact that once again we are pricing out core supporters who cannot afford to go to the south of France twice in a year and have a family holiday e.t.c. There's plenty of palces they could take it in the UK to try and spread the game without taking it overseas.

I tend to agree with you tbh but as a one off and it’s actually in France and not some pointless venue like Barcelona on balance I’ll go with it, but only once.

Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:39 pm

Not sure it would work to be fair, as would be very costly if going with families.

Also think logistic wise, if it were to happen, it would be better over a bank holiday weekend, but we know what then French Air Traffic Controllers are like on bank holidays.

Though on recent experiences over there, may pass on it, unless my hotel is near the stadium.
PreviousNext
Post a reply

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/