Jan 10 20195 years59th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 08:2018th Mar 24 08:03LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: O/T Politics and Pandemics : Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:15 pm  
Willzay wrote:
Free parking for NHS staff at hospitals to be scrapped now. What a great reward for their efforts.

Dear Oh Dear, you have to be one of the most vindictive posters on this forum. Keir Starmer jumped onto this bandwagon at PMQs today. The prime minister’s reply was “parking is still free now for NHS staff, and the government are working to fulfil their manifesto pledge to make parking free for staff and patients, something the Labour Party have never proposed, and Starmer should jump onto that Bandwagon and park it somewhere else.
RankPostsTeam
International Star5113
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 23 201410 years84th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 07:4126th Mar 24 21:35LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: O/T Politics and Pandemics : Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:36 pm  
Dunkirk Spirit wrote:
Dear Oh Dear, you have to be one of the most vindictive posters on this forum. Keir Starmer jumped onto this bandwagon at PMQs today. The prime minister’s reply was “parking is still free now for NHS staff, and the government are working to fulfil their manifesto pledge to make parking free for staff and patients, something the Labour Party have never proposed, and Starmer should jump onto that Bandwagon and park it somewhere else.

If you listened he didn’t say parking would remain free for all NHS staff and the manifesto pledge related to some patients only. I think you will find that any pledge made by Johnson is not guaranteed, take a look at his promise of no additional paperwork or border controls between Eire and Northern Ireland, how is that going.
RankPostsTeam
International Star2633No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 06 201212 years160th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 08:2916th Mar 24 17:32LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: O/T Politics and Pandemics : Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:16 pm  
Think your a bit mixed up Dunkirk. The labkur party had pkanned to abolish all hospital parking charges.
RankPostsTeam
Moderator8080
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 02 200222 years88th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Mar 24 15:1624th Mar 24 17:44LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
//www.twitter.com/pumpetypump

Re: O/T Politics and Pandemics : Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:19 pm  
Dunkirk Spirit wrote:
the government are working to fulfil their manifesto pledge to make parking free for staff and patients, something the Labour Party have never proposed

That isn't true. Labour governments have undertaken comprehensive economic analysis on how to make parking free/fair, the cost of doing so and what the barriers are (that's not a bad pun). I know because I have worked in the team that undertook the analysis. It's an emotive issue but abolishing charges is actually hugely complex. I wish the present government and colleagues who would need to deliver it the best of luck.
RankPostsTeam
International Star5139No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 02 201113 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
3rd Jul 21 12:383rd Jul 21 12:38LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: O/T Politics and Pandemics : Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:27 pm  
wrencat1873 wrote:
I'm flattered that you think that I'm up to it :D
Unlike our current PM, I know that I'm not and I dont make a living from perpetually telling lies and bending the truth to breaking point.

Err I didn't actually say that you were up to it sorry if I've misled you, I also know your not up to running the country even though you try to come across as fair and open minded with your political views, it could well be that some of the vitriol you continually spew out about this government is true, the problem I have is gleaning the truth from the made up to suit your agenda bits.
wrencat wrote:
How do you think Brexit will play out ?

I haven't got a clue how it will play out and neither do I believe you do either, reason being I'm not privvy to the ongoing negotiation and neither are you and some others on here either, wouldn't it be simpler to wait for the outcome of the talks instead of listening to the political broadcasters with an agenda.
wrencat wrote:
Last minute deal or "no deal" ?, certainly not anything close to Boris's "oven ready deal" :oops:

I don't read the newspapers, but If I could hazard a guess It would sound like a quote from the guardian or the mirror echoed by yourself.
wrencat wrote:
Is this more political paranoia on my part or more "bull" from Boris :CRAZY:

Personally It comes across as bitterness on your part.
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach17871
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 24 201113 years46th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Mar 24 16:1128th Mar 24 10:32LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: O/T Politics and Pandemics : Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:01 pm  
little wayne69 wrote:
Err I didn't actually say that you were up to it sorry if I've misled you, I also know your not up to running the country even though you try to come across as fair and open minded with your political views, it could well be that some of the vitriol you continually spew out about this government is true, the problem I have is gleaning the truth from the made up to suit your agenda bits.
I haven't got a clue how it will play out and neither do I believe you do either, reason being I'm not privvy to the ongoing negotiation and neither are you and some others on here either, wouldn't it be simpler to wait for the outcome of the talks instead of listening to the political broadcasters with an agenda.
I don't read the newspapers, but If I could hazard a guess It would sound like a quote from the guardian or the mirror echoed by yourself.
Personally It comes across as bitterness on your part.

Oh dear.

You do remember Boris and HIS "oven ready deal" dont you ? it was an absolute stone cold lie. It was wall to wall accross every media platform and paper during the election campaign.

As for Brexit, difficult issues that were there 4 years ago, still remain and it's a pity that so many people bought the lie.
The "easy" deal and "free trade arrangement" that were promised to the electorate seem just a little harder to glean that was promised and at least, I have been consistent (and right) about this from before the referendum and I dont feel the need to pretend to anyone, unlike certain politicians with their own agenda.

Many people will vote for a party because that is what they have done for years and others may change their vote based on the politics of the day, we all have that choice.
I make no secret of my disdain for the current government and their leadership.
Having walked the planet for over 50 years, you get to witness all sorts of people and politicians and for ME, the current lot are just a sham and Johnson in particular has little depth - he's a "soundbites" politician, full of one liners and bluster.
Many people are of with this - I'm not and the sooner that he is replaced, even by another Tory, the better things will be for all of us :D
RankPostsTeam
International Star4641
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 25 201014 years187th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th Mar 24 08:2514th Mar 24 11:07LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him."

Re: O/T Politics and Pandemics : Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:15 pm  
little wayne69 wrote:

The 'oven ready deal' was nothing to do with the Guardian or the Mirror. It was Johnson's own little campaign nugget. He won the election based on it.
RankPostsTeam
International Star5139No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 02 201113 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
3rd Jul 21 12:383rd Jul 21 12:38LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: O/T Politics and Pandemics : Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:05 pm  
wrencat1873 wrote:
Many people will vote for a party because that is what they have done for years and others may change their vote based on the politics of the day, we all have that choice.
I make no secret of my disdain for the current government and their leadership.

Quite right many people do vote for the same party throughout their life, usually you'll find they're mainly labour voters who do so because their parents and their grandparents before them did so and have no desire or other reasons to change, I think you've made your feelings for this government quite clear, which is of course your right
wrencat1873 wrote:
Having walked the planet for over 50 years, you get to witness all sorts of people and politicians and for ME, the current lot are just a sham and Johnson in particular has little depth - he's a "soundbites" politician, full of one liners and bluster.

Well first of all let me say that as far as walking on Gods earth goes I can trump you by over 20 years, but that is just an irrelevant side issue, but seeing as you brought it up, I have to say that on that basis I have seen more worthless governments than you have, in fact not that I've ever taken much notice but I can't remember a good one choose which side they were on, and I'm not sticking up for the present incumbents, you and a few more on here have rammed it down our throats since all this started, surely there's more to life than keep upsetting yourself, doesn't matter whose in you'll still end up paying, be grateful you can get away with that.
wrencat1873 wrote:
Many people are of with this - I'm not and the sooner that he is replaced, even by another Tory, the better things will be for all of us :D

Is that an admission by you that apart from the PM the Tories aren't that bad after all.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain2894
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 01 20159 years146th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Mar 24 23:0617th Mar 24 19:29LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: O/T Politics and Pandemics : Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:37 pm  
PopTart wrote:
Or they could remember all the money poured into those working classes you refer to when they needed it. You can always find a spin to get the answer you want.

How can you be so naieve PT? Do you think that money he gave to the working classes came out of his own pocket or Tory party funds? Did it helluz like. It was borrowed and we will all be ultimately paying it back in higher taxation. Hopefully they will fund it by scrapping that white elephant, HS2.
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member10319
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 05 200222 years28th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 08:2328th Mar 24 08:20LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

WTRLC 2012 to 2014 "The wasted years"

Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys" 2013, 2014 & 2015

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's right foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance

2019 - The return of the Prodigal Son.

2020 - Keeping the faith.

Re: O/T Politics and Pandemics : Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:12 pm  
Redscat wrote:
. Hopefully they will fund it by scrapping that white elephant, HS2.

Hey leave that alone. I've got £20K compensation when ends up behind our house (If I live to be 110 obviously) :wink:
PreviousNext