FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
UllFC 
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach16921No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 27 200420 years32nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
2nd May 24 13:342nd May 24 18:39LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

It's far too early to be thinking of Grix, for me he would need to be showing that he can get the 50 point horror defeats back down to a more respectable 20 point margin defeat territory before being considered
RankPostsTeam
Junior Player109
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 16 20240 years214th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
2nd May 24 12:322nd May 24 15:19LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Riderofthepalehorse wrote:
Can’t we get our new DoR to get his boots on for a few games, he can play 1, 6, 7, or 9.

I'm certainly not ruling this out. In recent years we've had Radders, Ellis and even Yeomo pull on a shirt again after "retirement".
RankPostsTeam
Junior Player109
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 16 20240 years214th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Yippee try yay wrote:
I got the impression that they have already decided that someone will be brought in, he kept referencing bringing in someone and didn't really mention Grix until he was directly asked.

That was my impression too. He seemed to be saying more that Grix has potential to be the head coach... but in the future, not now, and that Grix is highly thought of and will have a place at the club.

Obviously gave some initial thoughts last night but to follow up on that, I thought Myler came across well in pretty much everything he said. Seems to be a thoughtful and knowledgeable individual about not only the sport but the club specifically. He seems to be willing to take his time and consider things, assess what is needed. I like this a lot. It seems that we have a calm head in place rather than someone wanting to make an immediate statement of intent with rushed decisions and reactionary panic buys. We desperately need this.
RankPostsTeam
First Team Player571No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 13 20204 years100th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
1st May 24 23:442nd May 24 18:10LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Roam Ranger wrote:
That was my impression too. He seemed to be saying more that Grix has potential to be the head coach... but in the future, not now, and that Grix is highly thought of and will have a place at the club.

Obviously gave some initial thoughts last night but to follow up on that, I thought Myler came across well in pretty much everything he said. Seems to be a thoughtful and knowledgeable individual about not only the sport but the club specifically. He seems to be willing to take his time and consider things, assess what is needed. I like this a lot. It seems that we have a calm head in place rather than someone wanting to make an immediate statement of intent with rushed decisions and reactionary panic buys. We desperately need this.

He came across very well, the way he spoke about finding our identity and finding the players who are the right fit with how we want to play was very reassuring, we all know talk is cheap but for the first time in a while we have someone who knows the modern game and knows what type of characters and systems we need in place.
RankPostsTeam
International Star2299
JoinedServiceReputation
May 24 201113 years34th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
2nd May 24 08:491st May 24 09:59LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Yippee try yay wrote:
He came across very well, the way he spoke about finding our identity and finding the players who are the right fit with how we want to play was very reassuring, we all know talk is cheap but for the first time in a while we have someone who knows the modern game and knows what type of characters and systems we need in place.

Can’t make any of those decisions until the new coach is chosen. It’ll be him who decides how we’re going to play and what structures need to be implemented. I can’t see major changes or signings any time soon. Myler said 5 people want the job, didn’t know we had that many masochists in RL :lol:
RankPostsTeam
Moderator7859
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 30 200420 years3rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
2nd May 24 11:482nd May 24 09:54LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
I really enjoy long walks especially when they are taken by people I don't like!

The Dentist Wilf wrote:
I enjoyed that interview. Its early days and I'm as sceptical as anyone as you all know but I have to say that we have heard new coaches coming in new players coming in and at one time got very regular updates from our owner but rarely have we heard 24 minutes of constructive talk which showed as much an understanding of the dynamics between the fans and the team the issues within the playing group and the need for everyone either 'shaping up or shipping out'. The idea of appointing a new Coach sooner rather than later even if he can't start till next season is a really sound one and shows a deal of joined up thinking, lets face it the last two coaches we had appointed arrived to be presented with someone else's signings and thus ideas. Its early days and this is Hull FC we are talking about so actions will speak a lot louder than words, but as good a start as we could have wished for.

I have to say after listening to that interview with Myler it's the most concise and informative interview we've heard since 2018 about all aspects of the club and importantly not just acknowledging the disconnect the club has with the fans but the importance Myler seems to have placed on rectifying that.

I know its very early days and Myler is inexperienced so not going to get carried away but I'm impressed not just by what he said but also how he has said it. As I say he makes more sense in that 24 mins and the limited time he's had at the club than the likes of Radford, Hodgson and Smith ever have combined.

What he says about discovering our identity and how we want to play before signing players and/or coaches is a step forward as that has been lacking since the end of 2017.
In essence he's said what we have all been saying for years and I agree in what he says in that if the club can show they have an identity and in the way they play then fans will get on board. It was good to hear him say about what it means to play for the badge and the effort areas are non-negotiables. I also don't believe he used the word culture either as I'm fed up of hearing that word.

All in all very early days and talk is cheap as that's all we've heard for too long but it sounds very positive.

I
UllFC 
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach16921No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 27 200420 years32nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
2nd May 24 13:342nd May 24 18:39LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Armavinit wrote:
Can’t make any of those decisions until the new coach is chosen. It’ll be him who decides how we’re going to play and what structures need to be implemented. I can’t see major changes or signings any time soon. Myler said 5 people want the job, didn’t know we had that many masochists in RL :lol:

As much as we are doom and gloom, if a new coach got us to the dizzy heights of say 6th place in a couple of years theyd be seen as a sucess and a bigger club may come knocking, some may simply be bored of being an assistant
RankPostsTeam
Moderator7859
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 30 200420 years3rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
2nd May 24 11:482nd May 24 09:54LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
I really enjoy long walks especially when they are taken by people I don't like!

Yippee try yay wrote:
Dave K. wrote:
Good interview Myler, spoke very well and was very honest.

My only concern is that Grix is a prime contender for the job, think the club need a bigger name than him right now.

I got the impression that they have already decided that someone will be brought in, he kept referencing bringing in someone and didn't really mention Grix until he was directly asked.

Got the impression the next Coach will be new to the club from what was said rather than Grix being a prime contender.
RankPostsTeam
Junior Player109
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 16 20240 years214th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Chris71 wrote:
I have to say after listening to that interview with Myler it's the most concise and informative interview we've heard since 2018 about all aspects of the club and importantly not just acknowledging the disconnect the club has with the fans but the importance Myler seems to have placed on rectifying that.

I know its very early days and Myler is inexperienced so not going to get carried away but I'm impressed not just by what he said but also how he has said it. As I say he makes more sense in that 24 mins and the limited time he's had at the club than the likes of Radford, Hodgson and Smith ever have combined.

What he says about discovering our identity and how we want to play before signing players and/or coaches is a step forward as that has been lacking since the end of 2017.
In essence he's said what we have all been saying for years and I agree in what he says in that if the club can show they have an identity and in the way they play then fans will get on board. It was good to hear him say about what it means to play for the badge and the effort areas are non-negotiables. I also don't believe he used the word culture either as I'm fed up of hearing that word.

All in all very early days and talk is cheap as that's all we've heard for too long but it sounds very positive.

I

He definitely avoided using the word culture. Possibly because Smith kept using it and wanted to separate himself from the word. Maybe he has picked up that people were probably getting fed up of hearing it, as you were.

Identity is the same thing as culture to me. Or at least very similar. The problem with Smith's use of the word culture was that he never came across with specifics about what he was trying to improve nor how he was going about improving it. It was always used in a very broad sense. Meanwhile, results and performance wise we seemed to be getting worse yet we were being asked to give our patience and trust the process without having any idea what that process was, what the goal was.

Whether it's the result of using a different term in identity I'm not sure but Myler just came across so much better about what his goal is. What does it mean to play for this club, what does it mean to play a certain position specifically, wanting the fans to see what the club is trying to do even if the results aren't there, wanting everyone at the club to buy into it. He might not have been specific in details yet (because he's still assessing everything) but there was a confidence and assuredness about him, a sense of purpose and direction.
RankPostsTeam
International Star1391
JoinedServiceReputation
May 02 201014 years96th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
2nd May 24 13:432nd May 24 18:31LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

I was impressed with Richie’s interview. I thought he came across very well. As others have said, it’s only words at the moment, but a promising start.

It was quite a thoughtful reflection of where we are and what needs addressing. Such an upgrade on Tony Smith’s regulars ramblings of Project, Culture and Taste, when never actually saying what they were or what he meant.

Like others I was impressed with his understanding to re-connect with the fans. Personally, I think Hull fans are very loyal and understanding. We are always honest and realistic in how good we are. All we ask is for players to try and play to their ability, and give us effort and enthusiasm. That’s been missing for too long now and so has the communication from the club. Hopefully, this will be a much needed turning point with those two issues.

Finally, I was also impressed that Richie didn’t use the word Project or talk in cliches and trust he’ll never tell us that we’ve gone well in training all week after suffering a big defeat.

It feels a lot has happened since the Huddersfield game. As I’ve mentioned on a previous post, I think we’ll still be in for a tough long night tonight v Saints, and also with Leeds and Warrington. Hopefully by the London game our squad will be stronger with players returning from injury, plus some new short term signings.

Feeling more hopeful and looking forward to what happens next!
PreviousNext

Subject: 
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Hull FC

RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
8m
IMG
Trojan Horse
9m
Catalans h