0510 1520 2530
Signature
once a black and white always a black and white COYH

Re: Challenge Cup Semi Final : Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:21 pm  
bonaire wrote:
Spot on
Some on here just dont get it.
It wasnt just the age of the pack its the size
Going into a game like this with Lane,Fash and Connor on the bench was a big mistake by Radford.
Seeing that line up the Warrington forwards must have been given a boost
We do lack size i agree, imo lane fash just don't look big enough and cert wont frighten teams, tbf to them both the effort is there, ellis looked his age yest but hasn't played much, maybe manu back for thurs, green must surely get a game?, also would think about putting griffin in 2nd row just to bulk it up a bit, i know masi has had only one reserve game but is it worth giving him a bench spot?
RankPostsTeam
International Star7202No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 04 201410 years8th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
5th Jun 24 00:073rd Jun 24 00:25LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Challenge Cup Semi Final : Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:24 pm  
Armavinit wrote:
Already said a skinny 10 and 2 mistakes. They made the most of all 3. Personally I was disappointed with taking the first penalty. We’d built up momentum and was on there 20? It gave them much needed respite and IF we’d gone onto score maybe after forcing a drop out we’d have won.

I agree
Forcing drop outs with nice kicks into the in goal is something we dont do enough of.
Also using the short kick into the in goal for players to run onto to score.Something Saints do regularly.
We just use the predictable kick to the corner
RankPostsTeam
International Star361No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 29 201113 years315th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th Apr 24 21:2410th Sep 23 08:13LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
If you aren't fired with enthusiasm, you will be fired with enthusiasm.
Vince Lombardi

Re: Challenge Cup Semi Final : Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:27 pm  
hull2524 wrote:
We do lack size i agree, imo lane fash just don't look big enough and cert wont frighten teams, tbf to them both the effort is there, ellis looked his age yest but hasn't played much, maybe manu back for thurs, green must surely get a game?, also would think about putting griffin in 2nd row just to bulk it up a bit, i know masi has had only one reserve game but is it worth giving him a bench spot?

I was talking with a friend about how we get bullied in the forwards.

Jake made a good point earlier that it seems to be our backs that work far harder than other teams bringing it out of our end and this affects their effectiveness in the attacking third.

Unless we recruit 2-3 more powerful forwards for next season I don't see things changing.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7257
JoinedServiceReputation
May 06 200915 years33rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
5th Jun 24 00:282nd Jun 24 18:06LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
once a black and white always a black and white COYH

Re: Challenge Cup Semi Final : Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:59 pm  
Lang Park wrote:
I was talking with a friend about how we get bullied in the forwards.

Jake made a good point earlier that it seems to be our backs that work far harder than other teams bringing it out of our end and this affects their effectiveness in the attacking third.

Unless we recruit 2-3 more powerful forwards for next season I don't see things changing.
I think we are addressing that problem, jones and manu signed plus another 2 big units on the way, throw in savelio and griffin in there and we are looking bigger and stronger,
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member29328
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 22 200717 years113th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
5th Jun 24 04:192nd Jun 24 18:12LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Challenge Cup Semi Final : Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:45 pm  
Well be 1 forward short due to recruiting 2 outside backs when we already had 1 too many. Far better to have recruited another prop than fonua
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member29750No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 15 200519 years25th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
4th Jun 24 14:4231st May 24 19:13LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Challenge Cup Semi Final : Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:35 pm  
Lang Park wrote:
No, it was allegedly some mystery Saints fan who for some unknown reason decided to post a long eulogy about how good Hull FC have been in the Challenge Cup the past few years.

Amazingly enough they used exactly the same writing style as Mrs B, right down to quoting her trademark "Doom and gloom" term she uses to troll the boards.

You couldn't make it up.

I see you've already been corrected. I don't expect an acknowledgement, but it's good that others have pointed this out.

Perhaps we just accept that we have a different lens on the club and our outlook in supporting it?

I choose to invest a fair bit of time and effort in supporting and following the club. My choice. I choose to enjoy the journey, accept it will have ups and downs, accept there are things I can't change, accept that we have fewer resources than Warrington, Saints, Leeds, Wigan. I seek out the positives where I can and like to draw broader context where I believe it's relevant. Being a supporter of the club for me is not simply creating the goal of grand final or bust and being negative about anything and everything that doesn't align with that. It's about savouring moments on the way, such as Ratu's length of the field efforts, Sneyd's golden points, the double over Leeds. Otherwise, what's the point? It doesn't mean I don't hope for trophies, of course I do. It means being realistic, pragmatic and supportive of what the club is trying to achieve, including the coaching staff. All of the above is my choice about how I want to feel about supporting Hull FC. And it's been pretty consistent over the last 30 odd years in eras covering the lower tier, Tony Gordon, Richard Agar, David Lloyd and so on.

Your interpretation of the above is to criticise the outlook as acceptance of mediocrity and therefore a betrayal of the club's best interests. Fair enough - it's your choice to see it like that. There are plenty on here who probably spend the same time and effort, undoubtedly many far more so than I do, who choose to view my attitude and others' in this way. Your choice. Positivity and appreciation are seen as indicators of nausea-inducing weakness. Only those who call out their continued dissatisfaction geniunely want the best for the club, and improvement can only be made by listing areas of deficiency, whether or not their elimination can realistically be delivered.

Here's the rub. For all the energy you are choosing to invest in trying to argue with me, discredit me, belittle me for my attitude in enjoying supporting the club for what it is rather than singularly what trophies it wins, you can't change me. Expect the worst, hope for the best, take victories with happiness, and defeats with dignity and empathy, and turn up again next week regardless - that's the aim. This doesn't mean I don't disagree with some of the club's actions - I'm still not over getting rid of Liam Watts for example. But when I consider the negativity quotient on here disconnected with the club's position I will call it out and counter it. I think I am OK to do so, regardless of whether you do.

In respect of the insinuation that I have multiple accounts on here to in some way fabricate a body of supporting opinion, and that I am making up posts on Twitter, I think we both know that neither of these are true. I would recommend taking a breath. Perhaps we can reconcile our differences a little and be more mutually respectful. I'm pretty sure most on here are jaded with the constant sparring. :GROUPHUG:
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner21699
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 25 200321 years4th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
4th Jun 24 21:342nd Jun 24 17:34LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Challenge Cup Semi Final : Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:00 pm  
A far more intelligent and reasoned post than "Lang Park" deserved, Mrs B.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6289No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 04 200618 years83rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
4th Jun 24 15:4231st May 24 20:34LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Twitter : @TheResidentPete

Re: Challenge Cup Semi Final : Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:50 pm  
For all the armchair coaches claim the team selection was wrong and we are too light in an ageing pack (which we can't do anything about til next season but let's moan anyway) we only just fell short. Failure to handle two kicks (which was backs and not forwards) a knock on our own line (which again was a back) was ultimately our downfall.

Two uncharacteristic misses at goal by Sneyd and poor in field kicking (from youve guessed it the backs) was the reason we fell short by a margin. On another day it would or could have being oh so different.

That's not being happy to have a small loss on record or just a general happy clapped. It's being realistic and calling it how it is. I will more then anyone slate the club and players when it is warranted, not just after every loss.
RankPostsTeam
International Star7202No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 04 201410 years8th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
5th Jun 24 00:073rd Jun 24 00:25LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Challenge Cup Semi Final : Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:56 pm  
Mrs Barista wrote:
I see you've already been corrected. I don't expect an acknowledgement, but it's good that others have pointed this out.

Perhaps we just accept that we have a different lens on the club and our outlook in supporting it?

I choose to invest a fair bit of time and effort in supporting and following the club. My choice. I choose to enjoy the journey, accept it will have ups and downs, accept there are things I can't change, accept that we have fewer resources than Warrington, Saints, Leeds, Wigan. I seek out the positives where I can and like to draw broader context where I believe it's relevant. Being a supporter of the club for me is not simply creating the goal of grand final or bust and being negative about anything and everything that doesn't align with that. It's about savouring moments on the way, such as Ratu's length of the field efforts, Sneyd's golden points, the double over Leeds. Otherwise, what's the point? It doesn't mean I don't hope for trophies, of course I do. It means being realistic, pragmatic and supportive of what the club is trying to achieve, including the coaching staff. All of the above is my choice about how I want to feel about supporting Hull FC. And it's been pretty consistent over the last 30 odd years in eras covering the lower tier, Tony Gordon, Richard Agar, David Lloyd and so on.

Your interpretation of the above is to criticise the outlook as acceptance of mediocrity and therefore a betrayal of the club's best interests. Fair enough - it's your choice to see it like that. There are plenty on here who probably spend the same time and effort, undoubtedly many far more so than I do, who choose to view my attitude and others' in this way. Your choice. Positivity and appreciation are seen as indicators of nausea-inducing weakness. Only those who call out their continued dissatisfaction geniunely want the best for the club, and improvement can only be made by listing areas of deficiency, whether or not their elimination can realistically be delivered.

Here's the rub. For all the energy you are choosing to invest in trying to argue with me, discredit me, belittle me for my attitude in enjoying supporting the club for what it is rather than singularly what trophies it wins, you can't change me. Expect the worst, hope for the best, take victories with happiness, and defeats with dignity and empathy, and turn up again next week regardless - that's the aim. This doesn't mean I don't disagree with some of the club's actions - I'm still not over getting rid of Liam Watts for example. But when I consider the negativity quotient on here disconnected with the club's position I will call it out and counter it. I think I am OK to do so, regardless of whether you do.

In respect of the insinuation that I have multiple accounts on here to in some way fabricate a body of supporting opinion, and that I am making up posts on Twitter, I think we both know that neither of these are true. I would recommend taking a breath. Perhaps we can reconcile our differences a little and be more mutually respectful. I'm pretty sure most on here are jaded with the constant sparring. :GROUPHUG:

Thought you were on holiday
The amount of time you were on here after the game you must have missed your flight or was it to Fantasy Island
RankPostsTeam
International Star2328
JoinedServiceReputation
May 24 201113 years37th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
4th Jun 24 22:041st Jun 24 18:59LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Challenge Cup Semi Final : Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:33 pm  
bonaire wrote:
Thought you were on holiday
The amount of time you were on here after the game you must have missed your flight or was it to Fantasy Island

I thought, that, that reposte, was fantastic why do you belittle it?Says everything that true supporters would say unbelievably eloquently. Wish my dad had had the dosh to send me to uni.
Before you say it. I’m a convinced Happy Clapper :D
PreviousNext