(Website)
Post a reply

Re: Challenge Cup Semi Final

Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:59 am

ComeOnYouUll wrote:Good to see Hull will have supporters in three of the four stands. Hopefully if the two extra blocks in the West Upper sell well we can ask for further seats in BU1 and BU2. Important to get a big atmosphere going.

It's terrific. I think we took 6k to the 2016 semi? Hope we can do something similar this time round.

Re: Challenge Cup Semi Final

Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:00 am

Mrs Barista wrote::lol: Going to have to be another 2016 whereby winning requires beating all the other teams in the top 5. One of these days we might get an easy draw.


That'll do.
Apparently they've had a couple of concrete wagons in at the Macron for goal post strengthening/reinforcement, just on the off chance we get beat.
Seems a long time ago. :lol:

Re: Challenge Cup Semi Final

Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:06 am

WIZEB wrote:That'll do.
Apparently they've had a couple of concrete wagons in at the Macron for goal post strengthening/reinforcement, just on the off chance we get beat.
Seems a long time ago. :lol:

Blimey. I went that pledge session in the new Threepenny after that game when expecting my eldest - she's 22 now. :shock:

Re: Challenge Cup Semi Final

Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:24 am

Mrs Barista wrote:It's terrific. I think we took 6k to the 2016 semi? Hope we can do something similar this time round.


We sold over 7,000 tickets for both the 2016 and 2017 semi finals.

Hull FC
@hullfcofficial

Jul 28, 2016
Over 7,000 tickets have been snapped up for tomorrow. Get yours now to avoid missing out!


Hull FC
@hullfcofficial

Jul 3, 2017
Over 7,000 tickets now sold for @TheChallengeCup semi-final! Down to our final batch now! Full details at (link: http://hullfc.com) hullfc.com

Re: Challenge Cup Semi Final

Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:31 am

Mrs Barista wrote:Blimey. I went that pledge session in the new Threepenny after that game when expecting my eldest - she's 22 now. :shock:

Considering the game was 19 years ago I would consider checking her birth certificate.

Re: Challenge Cup Semi Final

Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:46 am

spegs wrote:Considering the game was 19 years ago I would consider checking her birth certificate.

Oops - must have been thinking of another event! Apologies. That's going to annoy me now trying to remember what it was, deffo in that stand. :)

Re: Challenge Cup Semi Final

Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:56 am

Since they found a cure for SGS Shaken Goalpost Syndrome -:

2005 - Hull 34 - Saints 8
We were fantastic that game. Got on TV after one of the tries. :D Saints fans applauding us all the way back to Bradley Mills Club. :lol:
2008 - Hull 32 - Wakefield 24
Taxi to Donny and back. :lol: Great time round town before game.Lovely sunny day. Did enough to win. Wetherspoons champagne post-match.
2013 - Hull 16 - Warrington 12 - I have a vague memory of departing our coach at Huddersfield. Never made the ground, but apparently, we won. :CURTAIN:
2016 - Hull 16 - Wigan 12 - Bus broke down in Donny town centre as we got back on to head to the ground. 50 bodies in a mad scramble for cabs. Dingy night. They didn't bring any fans. Tight game and we just held on.
2017 - Back to the Keepmoat in glorious sunshine. Carlos rising like a salmon. Wembley bound once again. :D

Re: Challenge Cup Semi Final

Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:58 am

Mrs Barista wrote:It's terrific. I think we took 6k to the 2016 semi? Hope we can do something similar this time round.


2016 semi at Donny v Wigan , the attendance given was just a shade under 10500. With all due respect to the Wigan fans who did bother, I dont think there would have been close to 2500 of them, so I reckon it was just north of 8k Hull fans there.

Re: Challenge Cup Semi Final

Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:07 am

WIZEB wrote:Since they found a cure for SGS Shaken Goalpost Syndrome -:

2005 - Hull 34 - Saints 8
We were fantastic that game. Got on TV after one of the tries. :D Saints fans applauding us all the way back to Bradley Mills Club. :lol:
2008 - Hull 32 - Wakefield 24
Taxi to Donny and back. :lol: Great time round town before game.Lovely sunny day. Did enough to win. Wetherspoons champagne post-match.
2013 - Hull 16 - Warrington 12 - I have a vague memory of departing our coach at Huddersfield. Never made the ground, but apparently, we won. :CURTAIN:
2016 - Hull 16 - Wigan 12 - Bus broke down in Donny town centre as we got back on to head to the ground. 50 bodies in a mad scramble for cabs. Dingy night. They didn't bring any fans. Tight game and we just held on.
2017 - Back to the Keepmoat in glorious sunshine. Carlos rising like a salmon. Wembley bound once again. :D

The 2005 game still the best performance from Hull I've seen given the importance of the game and quality of opposition. The last quarter of the 2016 game was the most stressful to watch. In fact I couldn't watch parts of it, they threw everything at us. Sheer joy on the whistle. By contrast loved the 2017 one. All done and dusted when Watts charged through, could just enjoy it.

Re: Challenge Cup Semi Final

Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:12 am

Mrs Barista wrote:The 2005 game still the best performance from Hull I've seen given the importance of the game and quality of opposition. The last quarter of the 2016 game was the most stressful to watch. In fact I couldn't watch parts of it, they threw everything at us. Sheer joy on the whistle. By contrast loved the 2017 one. All done and dusted when Watts charged through, could just enjoy it.


Yup. All about bang on that.
PreviousNext
Post a reply

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/