(Website)
Post a reply

Re: Fonua

Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:47 pm

Mr. Zucchini Head wrote:Speedy wingers just aren't that valuable any more. Power beats pace every time in the modern game imo.

Agreed. It's not very often you see a winger have a clean break and race down the line any more, gone are the days of the Calderwood type wingers. It's taken Regan Grace a few seasons to gain the power to match his pace. Fetuli was a great winger for us and was never the fastest.

Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:44 pm

Much as I liked Fonua,think myself we have moved on.

Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:34 pm

tommyfromhull wrote:Agreed. It's not very often you see a winger have a clean break and race down the line any more, gone are the days of the Calderwood type wingers. It's taken Regan Grace a few seasons to gain the power to match his pace. Fetuli was a great winger for us and was never the fastest.

We’re you not there last Friday Ratu clean break from 5 yards.

Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:53 am

Armavinit wrote:We’re you not there last Friday Ratu clean break from 5 yards.

I wasn't, no. I've moved to Bristol a few years ago and don't get to many games now, unfortunately.

I have seen Ratu's try from 5 yards, but it's the first time he's done it. Hopefully he'll carry that on.

It's obviously great to have pace, but you rarely see wingers race down the touchline now. It's more usual that, as with the case of Ratu, wingers bust tackles mid field which you need power to do. Wingers can't rely purely on pace anymore.
Previous
Post a reply

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/