FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

Current LIVE TV Match : Leeds Rhinos 12 - 2 Huddersfield Giants LIVE ON SKY SPORTS Half Time
 Current LIVE TV Match : St.Helens 24 - 0 Hull FC LIVE ON SKY SPORTS Half Time
 Current LIVE TV Match : Wigan Warriors 12 - 8 Castleford Tigers LIVE ON SKY SPORTS Half Time
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Marc Sneyd
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain434No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 13 20186 years238th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th Apr 24 15:1818th Apr 24 15:35LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Marc Sneyd : Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:57 pm  
Mrs Barista wrote:
Remarkably similar punctuation and grammar you two, must be like talking to yourself. Fun times. :DANCE: Crewe :lol:

Marc Sneyd though. Good player, worth good money IMO.

Whoops predictive text ( crew ) ... too many drinks . You should let you’re hair down now and again , more to life then hull at times !
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain152
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 21 20177 years285th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th Apr 24 15:4721st Jan 24 18:25LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"If the human brain were so simple that we could understand it, we would be so simple that we couldn't." - Emerson M. Pugh

Re: Marc Sneyd : Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:19 pm  
Windy winger wrote:
Whoops predictive text ( crew ) ... too many drinks . You should let you’re hair down now and again , more to life then hull at times !

Why so nasty and vitriolic all the time? Let's just all just chill out and enjoy these good times. Adrian Durham made a very good point. Long may Marc Sneyd keep managing our games.
RankPostsTeam
International Star1348No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 21 201212 years144th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th Apr 24 13:1219th Apr 24 19:46LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Marc Sneyd : Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:40 pm  
Mrs Barista wrote:
4 from 4. There's no need for personal attacks like this, just be nice please. The question was really about the lack of potential replacements for Marc Sneyd had he been lured back West. The fact we are likely to have paid a premium reflects the market but also other factors perhaps that meant he wanted to stay. Stability of coaching set up possibly.

You seriously began this and derailed the thread with your attack on me but as always are oblivious and ignorant to the fact and always attempt to claim the moral high ground.
It is okay for you to insult and attempt to belittle other posters but yet when done to yourself by anyone you threaten bans.
Then as sure as night follows day your cronies follow you up, support your warped reality and then you all adopt the pack mentality and round on said poster, it just so happens to be my turn in the chair.
Seriously It is against the AUP to use poster's correct names, unless they are a part of their user name. Please refrain from this going forward, thank you, Karen if you can't take it, don't dish it would be my advice to you.
Be tolerant of others, try not to be smarmy and clever and the world will be a better place.

Anyway glad Sneyd is secured for a while longer he's been in good form this season.
RankPostsTeam
International Star1348No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 21 201212 years144th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Marc Sneyd : Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:48 pm  
Isaiah wrote:
If you loved the club then you would work permanent late shifts, as we nearly always seem to win when you are at work :D :D

You are a funny fecker :lol:
Work 10 week shift rotation as some of us have jobs, try it some time.
As a pass holder always take home game off as holidays and have done for the last 20 years I've had my particular job so go and figure that 1.

Think you should change your name anyway from Isiah to anyiah, because any higher you'd be coming out of Barista's mouth.
See what I did there.
spegs 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1592
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 17 200519 years298th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Jan 24 09:4019th Sep 22 10:44LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Marc Sneyd : Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:50 am  
Bombed Out wrote:
You seriously began this and derailed the thread with your attack on me but as always are oblivious and ignorant to the fact and always attempt to claim the moral high ground.
It is okay for you to insult and attempt to belittle other posters but yet when done to yourself by anyone you threaten bans.
Then as sure as night follows day your cronies follow you up, support your warped reality and then you all adopt the pack mentality and round on said poster, it just so happens to be my turn in the chair.
Seriously Original post editedif you can't take it, don't dish it would be my advice to you.
Be tolerant of others, try not to be smarmy and clever and the world will be a better place.

Anyway glad Sneyd is secured for a while longer he's been in good form this season.

Nailed it. That’s why this forum has about 1/4 of the posters it used to have.
RankPostsTeam
International Star1348No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 21 201212 years144th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Marc Sneyd : Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:56 am  
spegs wrote:

:CLAP: exactly

They view it as a closed shop.
Disagree, you get targeted, told not to post or even attend games :CRAZY:
It infuriates me hence whilst I'll defend myself or any other poster I perceive to be being bullied by this group, because bullying is what it is.

Also a few beers last night shortened my fuse :lol:
Last edited by Bombed Out on Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4878
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 07 200618 years106th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th Apr 24 14:1318th Apr 24 20:18LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Drypool Bridge - watching out for invaders from the East.
Signature
JOHNNY WHITELEY - A TRUE RUGBY LEAGUE LEGEND

Re: Marc Sneyd : Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:01 am  
spegs wrote:

I think there's fault on both sides here. Nobody seems tolerant of any one else's opinions any more.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1847No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 23 200816 years291st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th Apr 24 11:2414th Apr 24 18:32LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Marc Sneyd : Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:12 am  
Hessle Roader wrote:
I think there's fault on both sides here. Nobody seems tolerant of any one else's opinions any more.

Without wanting to derail the thread further, I think the intolerance is a fact of life these days. There's a real divide in our country and there doesn't seem to be any respect for a view that is different to one an individual believes. IMO social media has heightened this because you can select the views your see day to day and block out the ones that you don't like, adding to the belief that your opinion is the correct and only one.

I've been guilty of this, but realised and over the past couple of years have tried to research and understand the 'other side' to whatever the argument is.

Sneyd has been getting better and better over the past few years and it's a real pleasure to see him thrive with the help of Kelly, Connor, Shaul, and this year Westy. Expected to lose him, but it seems that there's a real desire to compete with our club at the moment which is exciting.
RankPostsTeam
International Star1348No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 21 201212 years144th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Marc Sneyd : Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:15 am  
Hessle Roader wrote:

Seriously mate there isn't, take an objective view, always the same group, always the instigators, Barista on this occasion, although she'll accept no responsibility for her actions.

Posters like myself don't form allegiances on here or live a fictional friendship, unlike said group.

However I will defend and support others.

Due to Barista this is now how this thread has developed and been derailed.
All I did was post a non offensive, non personal reply on topic to then be insulted and belittled by her and the usual suspects.

It's constant perpetual motion with this group hence why Spegs comment is a valid one.

We are all Hull fans, who come on here to exchange views, garner gossip and hopefully enjoy the banter and conversation.
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member29700No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 15 200519 years23rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th Apr 24 15:0413th Apr 24 19:48LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Marc Sneyd : Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:06 am  
Bombed Out wrote:
Seriously Caroline if you can't take it, don't dish it would be my advice to you.

You're just being silly and a little oversensitive I think. As you say, perhaps the alcohol was a factor. Here's how I see it.

As a fanbase there's a definite bias to negativity in my opinion in the context of what the club are trying to achieve and in fact have delivered. We're not the biggest club, we certainly don't have a benefactor, we don't have assets to leverage. My view is that we're doing OK at worst, but aalctially punching above our weight to a reasonable extent. You could therefore assume a fans message board would have that as its tone, or that we'd at least choose to employ the "praise and criticise in equal measure" - your words not mine - approach.

What actually happens is we get thread upon thread when times are challenging - look at the Radford thread for example a few weeks ago when people were making outrageous claims about the damage he was doing to the club - but when things are a bit rosier - top 3 now and in the CC semi final there's nothing from this same set despite this "equal measure" fairytale..Yiu seem not to like it when this point is made, but it's true.

This notion of "bullying" is beyond precious and a bit hypocritical too if you don't mind me saying so. As said, your only posts in a week we put 4 points between us and Cas are about me. Whereas I have posted about all sorts of things - perhaps that reflects what we are interested in, I don't know. Whichever way you look at it, you could say this is closer to "bullying" but really? All that's happening is sharing of contexf which people don't like being reminded of.

As for "pack mentality" - where to start? Some people agree with my points, many more don't, but that's their choice. You and many others enjoy replaying the club's shortcomings, I prefer a more positive lens on the world and a few partially agree with this. That's fine, isn't it? I can't help others' negative bias but neither do I feel the need to be dragged down by it.

I really think folk must be tired of this - happy to continue obviously. Sneyd's value to us is exceptional in the context of alternative half backs we currently see, so I do think it was very good business by the club to keep him. Let's hope we also get another year from Kelly, in great form right now.
PreviousNext

Subject: 
Please note using apple style emoji's can result in posting failures.
Use the FULL EDITOR to better format content or upload images, be notified of replies etc...

Return to Hull FC

RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Saints A next up - IAKOW
Hasbag
3m
RD 8 Huddersfield Giants H
Jack Burton
12m
BORED The Band Name Game