JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 26 201212 years27th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
11th May 24 04:4010th May 24 21:01LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Leigh at home : Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:50 pm  
Ese'ese I think will go on to be a good signing. Pele could be if he tightens his defence. He's good going forward but his defence in the middle today was poor in the second half. He got ran past 2 or 3 times and is slow to turn. Good effort chasing back on one of them though to help stop a try with Hoy. Thought he was unfortunate with his yellow. One of those where Dwyer had his back to him so Pele can't see the exact moment the ball has been released. He was committed to the tackle before the ball even left Dwyers hands in my opinion. And Dwyer milked the absolute love out of it. There's been plenty of late shots this year that haven't been given as a yellow card, probably some not even given as a penalty.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8546No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 31 200519 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th Mar 24 23:1116th Mar 24 22:59LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Know your Enemy

Re: Leigh at home : Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:59 pm  
Clubs in a lot of bother, biggest issue is that whilst the players don’t seem to be arsed, the fans and me included don’t care either. No support, no vitriol, nothing. I think we need to start something somehow. (Avoiding on pitch executions )
RankPostsTeam
First Team Player589No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 13 20204 years100th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
11th May 24 06:3310th May 24 18:25LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Leigh at home : Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:02 pm  
Pele will come good imo, he's a young kid moved to the other side of the world playing in a basket case of a team with rules that penalise every little tickle. Once he's adjusted and got some continuous game time I think he'll be a cracking player.

I just hope he doesn't go the same way as Lauaki where his card is marked by referees looking to penalise him for anything before he's even stepped on the field. I personally don't believe there was anything wrong with his 'yellow card' tackle it was marginal at worst and I've seen people get away with worse but then again he's got a Hull shirt on.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8675
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 22 200519 years183rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
10th May 24 22:169th May 24 16:27LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"I know you've had a bad day, but there's no need to take it out on me"

Re: Leigh at home : Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:26 pm  
I really wasn't expecting us to win with such a big scoreline. I know you have a lot of players missing, but I guessed it would be a 6-10 winning margin for one of us. Good luck in the Cup next week guys..
RankPostsTeam
International Star6581
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 23 20186 years43rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
10th May 24 22:4524th Apr 24 16:46LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Leigh at home : Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:30 am  
Well played Leigh, great support and so much. noise from a a travelling band of supporters who very much remind me of our hard core support, they never stopped singing from start to finish, and to dismantle us as they did on our home ground, was a sight to behold, magnificent first win for them, in adversity, with super stars missing they did us with ease, destroyed us with craft and structure, Brad Dwyer outstanding, he wasn’t good enough for us apparently,

On to my team, weak, unfit, no spirit, muddled, no structure, absolutely pathetic investment in class or solid players, apart from Herman, the rest are championship material at best, Okinbar is bang average, and although Nu Brown talks a good game, he doesn’t deliver, one token run a game, poor passer of the ball, and no discernible kicking ability, leads me to think he’s not the answer to our go forward as a replacement for the great Danny Houghton ( that’ll get the hackles up on the never actually go to a match forum)

Tex had a decent game, but like general Custer eventually it became too much, Sutcliffe is a terrible centre, and alongside Macintosh as a wing, wouldn’t get in any of the top six teams.

Half backs, we have Fev half backs,

Lane, Brown, Cator, Fash, not big enough, hearts of lions no doubt.

Ultimately we are, and have been a poop team for years now, poor recruitment, lack of investment, especially in the first team, the youth investment is magnificent, but without a solid first team, it is meaningless as you end up with Stavely Martin, Litten,etc playing too many matches, and actually believing academy players like Jack Charles will step up, it’s unbelievable.

The recruitment of our club has been nothing short of amateurish, done on the cheap, super league is unforgiving if your crap you’ll get stuffed, and boy are we crap.

Now then AP it lies at your feet, as a supporter without any involvement in the club,, apart from sixty years of love I’ve invested, my suggestion would be to liaise with our Turkish bedfellow about communal investment.

Step aside.

Create a board of. Directors who are willing to invest in this once great club

Incidentally I was at Warrington and the friendles at Odsal and Donnie, stayed till the end of yet another heartbreaking performance today, and clapped these bunch of tryers of the pitch, but ffs if my spirit is broken,
and we have no rainbow anymore, then it’s done.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5405No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 12 200717 years269th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
9th May 24 16:4130th Apr 24 06:17LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Leigh at home : Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:47 am  
hull smallears wrote:
Clubs in a lot of bother, biggest issue is that whilst the players don’t seem to be arsed, the fans and me included don’t care either. No support, no vitriol, nothing. I think we need to start something somehow. (Avoiding on pitch executions )

The HDM is doing you lot no favours either, you've got a club propagandist in Tomlinson who regardless of performance won't broach the hard questions. Even after that the main headline is 'stick with us' and 'injuries'. Never seen such poor RL journalism in this city, its a crying shame for both clubs
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach3558
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 03 200420 years141st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
11th May 24 04:5810th May 24 08:41LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
I have lost interest

Re: Leigh at home : Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:30 am  
The last but one try in the game is
a try that I’ve only ever seen in
Under 12 rugby where some kids
have universally given up and are
on the pitch thinking about
Pokémon and Nintendo
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain56No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 04 20185 years301st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
20th Apr 24 20:4410th Apr 24 22:29LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Leigh at home : Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:34 am  
Can’t be bothered to go back and find the post, but when he was appointed I said Smith wasn’t the answer. If you haven’t, watch his pre match presser, he can’t give a straight answer to a question and just waffles a load of nonsense. This is obviously what he’s like in training, waffles a load of nonsense and can’t give straight, direct instructions, no wonder the players don’t know if they’re on their head, backside or elbow.

Pearson said Smith would be his last coaching appointment so for those calling for his sacking I’m not sure. Plus coaches don’t get ‘sacked’ they are paid off and Pearson can’t afford to pay Smith off. Those calling for Pearson to go, who do you honestly think would buy or invest in a club without a ground who are on a downward spiral ? Nobody, that’s who. Everyone needs to be worried, if Pearson has had enough what will happen ? Worst case scenario is the club could fold.

What coaching credentials does Stanley Gene have ? That’s what Pearson should have asked Smith before he allowed him to bring his best friend and yes man with him ! I think he thought like the majority of us he was getting one over on Rovers and went along with it.

One last thing, no matter how bad the team is, I will never, ever boo my team. It’s not their fault they’re not good enough or coached well enough, whatever you might think they’ve just put their bodies on the line and will wake up bruised, battered and aching tomorrow.
CarlB 
RankPostsTeam
Academy Player81No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 21 20222 years221st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
11th May 24 07:406th May 24 20:29LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Leigh at home : Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:37 am  
barham red wrote:
The HDM is doing you lot no favours either, you've got a club propagandist in Tomlinson who regardless of performance won't broach the hard questions. Even after that the main headline is 'stick with us' and 'injuries'. Never seen such poor RL journalism in this city, its a crying shame for both clubs

That is a really good point. It's almost like they daren't say how it is or convey the general level of disappointment of the fans for fear of being locked out by the club. It's way too cordial.
CarlB 
RankPostsTeam
Academy Player81No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 21 20222 years221st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
11th May 24 07:406th May 24 20:29LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Leigh at home : Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:37 am  
barham red wrote:

That is a really good point. It's almost like they daren't say how it is or convey the general level of disappointment of the fans for fear of being locked out by the club. It's way too cordial.
PreviousNext