JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 08 200618 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
11th Mar 23 19:0013th May 15 18:23LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: vs Castleford : Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:51 am  
I couldn't go last night so can't really comment on the game but I was very wary of Cas before the game.

I will say that the individual improvement of players has been pretty awesome and in turn the potential of the squad has improved massively IMO which is no real surprise to me because of CS's track record in Aus.

However, he's still a rookie as a first team coach in terms of setting game plans etc. but smashing the top of the table one week and then losing to the bottom of the table team the next means the erratic nature of our performances seems to have continued on from previous seasons.

Hopefully CS will be able to narrow the gap between our good and bad performances and we'll move up the table.
Dudley 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2192
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 08 200618 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
8th Feb 19 10:1717th Jan 19 16:23LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: vs Castleford : Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:55 am  
chas1hkr wrote:
If devolping youth is playing the likes of latus and murrell in front of younger players then he's not doing his job,too many people on here who think our players are better than they really are.Also when the under 20's get beat by as many as they did last night then there is not much coming through,probably more morgan's fault than sandercock.Transition is just an excuse as other clubs have new coaches as well and they are all not struggling,our neighbours unfortunately being one of them.At the end of the day injuries should affect your cohesion in attack,but we have no problem,we just have a defence with more holes in it than a string vest and that should have been put right by now.Wrong appointment IMO.

I thought Murrell had a good game at 6 for us last night, as he did against Huddersfield last week. Fair enough if we have a Lomax or Gaskill in the 20's play them, but to the best of my knowledge we don't.
I noticed in an earlier post Murrell was one of the players listed to go at the end of the season, I would suggest that his utility value alone would make him well worth retaining.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach11924
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 15 200717 years175th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
3rd Jun 24 14:213rd Jun 24 01:02LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
If there is no struggle, there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters. This struggle may be a moral one; or it may be a physical one; or it may be both moral and physical; but it must be a struggle.

Frederick Douglas

Re: vs Castleford : Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:57 am  
chas1hkr wrote:
If devolping youth is playing the likes of latus and murrell in front of younger players then he's not doing his job,too many people on here who think our players are better than they really are.Also when the under 20's get beat by as many as they did last night then there is not much coming through,probably more morgan's fault than sandercock.Transition is just an excuse as other clubs have new coaches as well and they are all not struggling,our neighbours unfortunately being one of them.At the end of the day injuries should affect your cohesion in attack,but we have no problem,we just have a defence with more holes in it than a string vest and that should have been put right by now.Wrong appointment IMO.

You're entitled to your opinion but I think you're over reacting.

Youth results aren't particularly important, it's whether we get a through put to the first team that's important. Now, let's also understand that a good hit rate is probably only about one player coming through every other season and our academy is only just past the fledgling stage.

Transition isn't an excuse, it's where we are.

We need and should give Sandercock until at least the middle of next season, no club ever succeeds by changing the coach every six months.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach11924
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 15 200717 years175th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
3rd Jun 24 14:213rd Jun 24 01:02LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
If there is no struggle, there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters. This struggle may be a moral one; or it may be a physical one; or it may be both moral and physical; but it must be a struggle.

Frederick Douglas

Re: vs Castleford : Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:00 am  
Another point about youth is bringing them through in the correct way, let's play them all, see them get smashed and then ruined for the rest of their careers, that'll work!
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4473No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 18 200915 years277th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
26th Oct 23 13:0218th Jun 23 19:36LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"I'm sorry, but I would hope that we would beat Cas with a 1 day turnaround."

An arrogant Wigan fan a few days before we stuffed them 18-4 at the JJB.

Re: vs Castleford : Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:04 am  
Think I said in the predictions it could be a 4 point swing either way. A couple of big moments in the game. When at 28-22 up, you went for goal with still 20 minutes to go. Whereas you were breaking through our defence at will. I think you only got down our end once after that. In contrast, with 13 minutes to go, 2 points down, we opted not to kick to tie the game. He who dares....
RankPostsTeam
International Star1508No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 10 201113 years318th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
21st May 24 08:5714th Aug 23 12:21LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: vs Castleford : Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:05 am  
chas1hkr wrote:

So we have no youth coming thru' - playing the likes of Latus/Murrell over no one, is hardly not doing your job. Just on that, Latus never played and Murrell had a solid game, hell he even made a try assist break.

Part of Sandercock's remit was to oversee our entire youth set up. He can't do that within a few months .... He's not a miracle worker (your words)

chas1hkr wrote:
Looks a decent coach,the only thing that worries me is that we may only sign 1 more player on top of those already signed,is this bloke a miracle worker because he will have to be if we only sign 1 more player.

chas1hkr wrote:
If we really want to challenge in the future,then we need some quality over and above what has already signed otherwise the new coach will need to be a miracle worker.Dont think we have got one player who would get in warrington or wigan's team,people may disagree but its the truth.
RankPostsTeam
International Star1508No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 10 201113 years318th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
21st May 24 08:5714th Aug 23 12:21LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: vs Castleford : Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:10 am  
Towns88 wrote:
Think I said in the predictions it could be a 4 point swing either way. A couple of big moments in the game. When at 28-22 up, you went for goal with still 20 minutes to go. Whereas you were breaking through our defence at will. I think you only got down our end once after that. In contrast, with 13 minutes to go, 2 points down, we opted not to kick to tie the game. He who dares....Rodney

Fair point. Stick or twist.
Dudley 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2192
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 08 200618 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
8th Feb 19 10:1717th Jan 19 16:23LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: vs Castleford : Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:16 am  
Towns88 wrote:
Think I said in the predictions it could be a 4 point swing either way. A couple of big moments in the game. When at 28-22 up, you went for goal with still 20 minutes to go. Whereas you were breaking through our defence at will. I think you only got down our end once after that. In contrast, with 13 minutes to go, 2 points down, we opted not to kick to tie the game. He who dares....

I don't know if you were the Cas fan stood next to us (with blonde daughter) because if not he made the exact same point, we actually let Cas off the hook by doing this as we were really pressurising their line at this point.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach414No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 07 200518 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Jan 17 13:4325th Jan 17 13:43LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
There is a light that never goes out.

Re: vs Castleford : Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:33 am  
Dudley wrote:
Towns88 wrote:

I don't know if you were the Cas fan stood next to us (with blonde daughter) because if not he made the exact same point, we actually let Cas off the hook by doing this as we were really pressurising their line at this point.

I thought this was the big moment in the game as you say, I thought that Rovers would have almost certainly scored given the fragility of our defence in that period of the game.
I did feel it was an unusual match really, as I felt both teams combined spells of great attacking rugby with silly mistakes and poor defence, with quite a lot of inconsistency throughout the match. I was hugely impressed by (I forget his name, number 20, Cox I believe?!) and the ever impressive Dobson. I remember seeing the young second row play in the 9s tournament not long back and thought he looked decent, glad to see he's made it into the first team.
On a final note, just seeing what Sandercock has said about the "turning point" of the game, I'm really suprised by this, as I thought the player could have/should have been penalised for a voluntary tackle, as did a couple of Rovers fans next to me, so I find that one puzzling. Having said that I'm sure once you get game breakers like Blake Green, Ben Galea etc back you'll go up a notch.
Best of luck for the rest of the season!
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4473No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 18 200915 years277th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
26th Oct 23 13:0218th Jun 23 19:36LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"I'm sorry, but I would hope that we would beat Cas with a 1 day turnaround."

An arrogant Wigan fan a few days before we stuffed them 18-4 at the JJB.

Re: vs Castleford : Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:43 am  
Dudley wrote:

hahaha no. No love child for me just yet. It was a strange game at times. late in the second half, when we kicked twice on the last tackle from one side of the field to the other, then eventually got 6 more from it. A sign of 2 teams who struggle defensively.
PreviousNext