FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Are we the only club with a marquee player now?
Pemps 
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach18737No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 14 200519 years258th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Jun 24 19:3024th May 24 05:17LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
king warrior wrote:
Adam Blair flew over yesterday and has been training the deal is going to be signed this week

Got to say this is a top signing

[Gareth] wrote:
they have been able to train this year........

Leeds for the double then
RankPostsTeam
International Star1439No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 23 201410 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
4th Apr 19 18:2022nd Feb 19 23:38LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Cherry_Warrior wrote:
I will respond

1. First few games yes of course in a much tougher league against much bigger men he struggled to adapt, naturally. Attacking threat is because he was told to play that way. They didn't want the 'Off the cuff' rugby he was used to. And rightly so i suppose. Australia is a much more drilled game than ours. Indeed i was told by somebody close to Sam that Jarryd Hayne scored a try past him and made him look a fool and you can see Hayne shouting something at him. I can confirm those words were "You're in my world now Tomkins"

2. That point is utter bull. Yes he was injured for a while but was one of the Warriors best player approaching the latter half of the season by a mile.

3. He didn't make the play offs. That must mean because NZ Warriors didn't make the play offs he is crap. Must be all his fault. Can i remind you that Leeds didn't finish in the play offs either so by you analysis, Watkins, Hall, Briscoe, Ward etc are all rubbish.

4. Your last point doesn't stand up and you can't measure it by any proof.

Whatever, it doesn't matter what you think of his NRL performances, point is that he wasn't really a marquee signing because he was coming back anyway (doesn't matter whether it was because of homesickness or poor performances)

Therefore not one team has been able (or willing) to attract a proper marquee signing.
RankPostsTeam
International Star1439No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 23 201410 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
4th Apr 19 18:2022nd Feb 19 23:38LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Cruncher wrote:
I can only assume, given the sudden appearance on here of Leeds fans, that they've won a couple of pre-season fixtures.

We don't really play preseason fixtures of any meaning for some reason. We just play a couple of championship teams and Wakefield or Cas on boxing day.
Not really sure why, but we have had both good and bad starts doing this, so it probably doesn't make a difference.

Don't worry though, if we beat saints on the opening day we swarm this forum like locusts :D
RankPostsTeam
International Star1979No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 02 201212 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th Jan 18 16:0017th Jan 18 14:14LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"Imagine there's no heaven, it's easy if you try
No hell below us, above us only pie"(John Ono Lennon born Wigan 1940)

leedsnsouths wrote:
We don't really play preseason fixtures of any meaning for some reason. We just play a couple of championship teams and Wakefield or Cas on boxing day.
Not really sure why, but we have had both good and bad starts doing this, so it probably doesn't make a difference.

Don't worry though, if we beat saints on the opening day we swarm this forum like locusts :D

You'll be welcome :D
RankPostsTeam
International Star878No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 08 201113 years248th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Jun 24 11:0227th Jun 24 11:02LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Aboveusonlypie wrote:
You'll be welcome :D

Seconded :lol: :lol: Because we will all be cheering you on
Geoff 
RankPostsTeam
International Chairman5443
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 22 200123 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
26th Aug 18 23:269th Aug 18 20:38LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

leedsnsouths wrote:
Whatever, it doesn't matter what you think of his NRL performances, point is that he wasn't really a marquee signing because he was coming back anyway (doesn't matter whether it was because of homesickness or poor performances)

Therefore not one team has been able (or willing) to attract a proper marquee signing.

A marquee player, in this context, means one for whom the club is taking advantage of the salary cap allowance. Nothing to do with how good or bad that player is perceived to be
Previous