FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - End of the line....
ian-m 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach764No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 14 200618 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
9th Oct 16 08:123rd May 13 19:14LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

: Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:49 pm  
jonh wrote:
In truth i have had a feeling of apathy towards Wigan for the last couple of years. The few peaks have been enjoyable but generally as much as i love the sport as a code, i also find myself drifting away from it at times.

The World Cup combined with the Wigan performances of this year have really taken my enthusiasm for the game, i go to watch most other clubs throughout the course of the year and again generally i think the entertainment is not up to what it has been in the past.

I no longer buy the Rugby League weeklies, which i used to buy religiously, rarely would i not go to a game over the course of a round, now i find myself looking at other options.

I still am thankfully glued to the NRL coverage, but regards SL it just seems to be in a rut that i cannot get excited about.

That is exactly the same for me. Used to be really excited on friday dinnertime leaving work, getiing ready for the match in the evening. Now I just look forward to watching all the NRL games, and basically go through the motions of watching SL out of habit
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5193No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 23 200618 years275th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
21st Apr 24 06:5028th Mar 24 11:17LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Current thoughts - Mago out or get running up them plantations, get fit or get rid.
Maybe a back up halfback, someone with a bit of experience on a short term deal.
Big tall strong running second rower, like a McMeekin or Sironen type back rower.

: Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:49 pm  
Badwanger wrote:
So are Gidley, Lyon, Barrett, Fielden (when you signed him), Webb, King, Rauhihi, Puletua, Menzies etc not top talent then?

:lol: Not those 2 anyway!
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5193No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 23 200618 years275th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
21st Apr 24 06:5028th Mar 24 11:17LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Current thoughts - Mago out or get running up them plantations, get fit or get rid.
Maybe a back up halfback, someone with a bit of experience on a short term deal.
Big tall strong running second rower, like a McMeekin or Sironen type back rower.

: Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:05 pm  
More to the subject I have stood by Noble throughout his tenure but now I am starting to think maybe he has lost the dressing room and in that case maybe it's time to go. There are 2 options

1- He goes now so that Kearney can be flown over straight away and start coaching the team when they come back from their jollies with Vievers, Forshaw going too and Hampson appointed as conditioner, Farrell offered assistant coach if he knocks us back offer it to Wane. We would also benefit with having Hanley involved somehow. If Farrell was given the assistant coaches role I would want him running on the pitch giving out instruction. If not then Hanley doing it.

If we did this we would see an immediate turnaround and maybe go on a winning run and win the cup with a decent play off run. Consistency, pride, passion and desire to win would be required and the appointed staff would instill that.

Add to that we would stand a good chance of signing currnet NZ players so a prop e.g. Adam Blair / Sam Rapira could be on the cards as would a halfback / stand off also the players eligible for NZ would improve ten fold. I know some players refuse to sign for teams due to the coach of that team and with Kearney workiing under Bennett and Bellamy I think he would be the most viable option mid season without paying a transfer fee.

2- We carry on as we are untill the end of the season with Noble offered a 1 year deal if we get to Wembley but if players want rid of Noble would they want to win him a contract? I think not.

Option 1 is looking rather tempting I'm sorry to say.
The worm has turned.
Odem 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach12860No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 29 200816 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
4th Mar 20 12:1526th Feb 20 18:39LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Dropkick Murphy..we actually saw and heard a mass of bouncing and scarf and flag waving to Dale Cavese that drowned out anything we could muster.. It stopped us singing our own celebratory songs, it died out seconds later when we accepted we couldn't be heard over the Wigan lot
Celebrations muted from us, job done from them. Most fans who slag them off are jealous their own club's support is nowhere near that good
-
sally cinnamon..Why not discuss Wigan? It's a rugby league message board. Wigan are the most famous brand in rugby league
-
Tre Cool..Saints fans are hopeless unless it's a cup final or grand final. Wigan fans are so much more loyal and passionate
-
the flying biscuit..Wires havent been massively succesful over the years, but I've spoke to Brian Bevan And he spoke to me and i wouldnt swap that for Wigans History, ever
-
Ande..on the TV i could only hear the Wigan fans with about 10 to go
-
Saint94..Every team is in your feckin shadow, we all know
-
FIOS

: Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:24 pm  
post wrote:
More to the subject I have stood by Noble throughout his tenure but now I am starting to think maybe he has lost the dressing room and in that case maybe it's time to go. There are 2 options

1- He goes now so that Kearney can be flown over straight away and start coaching the team when they come back from their jollies with Vievers, Forshaw going too and Hampson appointed as conditioner, Farrell offered assistant coach if he knocks us back offer it to Wane. We would also benefit with having Hanley involved somehow. If Farrell was given the assistant coaches role I would want him running on the pitch giving out instruction. If not then Hanley doing it.

If we did this we would see an immediate turnaround and maybe go on a winning run and win the cup with a decent play off run. Consistency, pride, passion and desire to win would be required and the appointed staff would instill that.

Add to that we would stand a good chance of signing currnet NZ players so a prop e.g. Adam Blair / Sam Rapira could be on the cards as would a halfback / stand off also the players eligible for NZ would improve ten fold. I know some players refuse to sign for teams due to the coach of that team and with Kearney workiing under Bennett and Bellamy I think he would be the most viable option mid season without paying a transfer fee.

2- We carry on as we are untill the end of the season with Noble offered a 1 year deal if we get to Wembley but if players want rid of Noble would they want to win him a contract? I think not.

Option 1 is looking rather tempting I'm sorry to say.
The worm has turned.

I have to agree also although I still support our current coach till he goes which IMO he will soon enough.
SiY 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3320No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 02 200518 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th Nov 12 13:3713th Nov 12 13:14LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

: Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:54 pm  
I just don't understand how player's attitudes can be bad. If you walk out on training or back chat you should be disciplined. If i walked out of work or chatted back i get disciplined it is a job at the end of the day.

Noble is the players boss what he says goes. IL is Noble and the player's boss and what he says goes. If any player is disruptive and walks out on training or anything like that they should be disciplined. It's a job, they are not fulfilling a contract. If you don't like it F*ck off.

Lots of fans would give anything to player for Wigan (not because its Wigan but because its the home town club). Yet performances we see are awful and need to be acted upon. Not with harder training, IL should write it into contracts poor effort and enthusiasm towards their job puts them in a position to be disciplined either with reduction in pay or a strike system, 3 strikes and your contract becomes null and void. Fed up of seeing and hearing about bad performances not due to lack of talent or skill due to not giving a toss.

People say Karl Pryce has bags of talent yet no effort. If he doesn't want to be hear sack him. Lets start taking a stance. Any players who are bad mouthing the club and causing disruption should be sacked.

I'd rather see a team of players who want to be hear and have a positive attitude towards this the club and sport i love but do not perform not so well But they will once they train harder and they will as they love the club and want to succeed.
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner6722No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 07 200321 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
14th May 15 10:1711th Mar 14 22:01LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
The Communist Cap - dragging down success and aspiration to the levels of those who cba.

: Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:04 pm  
SiY wrote:
I just don't understand how player's attitudes can be bad. If you walk out on training or back chat you should be disciplined. If i walked out of work or chatted back i get disciplined it is a job at the end of the day.

Noble is the players boss what he says goes. IL is Noble and the player's boss and what he says goes. If any player is disruptive and walks out on training or anything like that they should be disciplined. It's a job, they are not fulfilling a contract. If you don't like it F*ck off.

Lots of fans would give anything to player for Wigan (not because its Wigan but because its the home town club). Yet performances we see are awful and need to be acted upon. Not with harder training, IL should write it into contracts poor effort and enthusiasm towards their job puts them in a position to be disciplined either with reduction in pay or a strike system, 3 strikes and your contract becomes null and void. Fed up of seeing and hearing about bad performances not due to lack of talent or skill due to not giving a toss.

People say Karl Pryce has bags of talent yet no effort. If he doesn't want to be hear sack him. Lets start taking a stance. Any players who are bad mouthing the club and causing disruption should be sacked.

I'd rather see a team of players who want to be hear and have a positive attitude towards this the club and sport i love but do not perform not so well But they will once they train harder and they will as they love the club and want to succeed.

I agree, but as highlighted earlier, the CC effectively prevents you from doing this, or at the very least makes the consequences of doing so much harder to bear.
Previous