JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 13 201113 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
4th Jul 19 16:551st Jul 19 19:51LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
einstien said insanity is when a person does the same thing over and over again but expects a different result

Re: 2017 : Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:40 am  
raceman wrote:
Glad that Zoom Ema guy doesn't support my team, what a Jonah! When I saw the predictions starting a few weeks ago I guessed it would blow up in his face massively. For the sake of your club you need to change your name and keep your predictions to yourself, oh and please don't ever go on sites like William Hill, Betfair, PaddyPower etc..

To be fair most fans shot him down straight away
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1182No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 29 20159 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
21st Oct 17 14:1121st Oct 17 14:11LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
If Rugby League Rocks, then Hull KR is its Soul.

Re: 2017 : Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:00 pm  
Greetings to you all from Devon. Seen the highlights on BBC2 tonight. Glad I unwittingly missed the misery live.

Our 2016 team's incompetence at holding on to a lead and playing for the full 80 is unsurpassed in the modern era, a facet clearly not recognised by that Zook Ema's Hose blokey. Hope he can cope with some of the sh*t that life will inevitably throw his way.

Needs to be banned from this forum on grounds of misguided optimism. I'm off to hippity skippity, happity clappity my merry way to la la land, 5 miles south of Totnes according to the runic sat nav in my floral speckled passion wagon. :DAISY: :ROCKS:
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain109No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 18 20168 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
23rd Aug 19 17:2623rd Aug 19 17:25LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: 2017 : Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:16 pm  
The final five minutes yesterday was possibly the most humiliating and abject surrender by a Hull KR side. As I expected the game was comfortably won but the loss of Cockayne meant we were not able to hold out.

Ironically this could be of benefit in the long term as the woeful judgment of the board and management in squad is given a free pass to get rid of their mistakes and we start again. The thing I question now is why as a Championship club we need a chairman, vice chairman, Lowe, Sheens, Smith and Peacock all in senior positions. When you think our squad is going to be the likes of G Horne and co, this seems very top-heavy to me when we're not even paying for players sports massages then complaining about injuries.

I have to say if we'd gone back to Sandercock's basics of youth development and sports science and got rid of him for Chester we would almost certainly still be in super league. Sadly the board remained stuck in the '80's ballboy' mindset and recruit the likes of Chester and Webster out of sentiment as if them having played for Rovers beats actual coaching competence. Unless we sort this out the road back will be a tough one. It may also help that FC won at Wembley so Hudgell can STFU about something almost forty years ago and which has zero relevance to today's league. Small time springs to mind.
meast 
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member15309No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 04 200222 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
5th Sep 20 22:3519th Apr 17 16:28LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

the Claret And Gold Machine is ready to roll

sunday September 1st 2013, when a dream became a reality!!

Re: 2017 : Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:36 pm  
Zook Ema's Hose wrote:
As expected we are for all intents and purposes in superleague next season which is a relief to all concerned. Of course this assumes we beat Featherstone by a good margin but they are winless so cannot see anything else.

I'm sure we will hear more from Tim Sheens in two weeks time about the plans but I think we can read much more into his appointment than how good he is anyway.

As already stated we'll be running a 23s set up. Salford have one and it's a major aspect for them and Sheens. The daily mail article spoke about investment so I would hope that involves more back room staff but also investment to pay off players who are contracted but Sheens doesn't rate. We can't continue scraping around the 9-11 spots so cash needs to be spent on clearing out the deadwood. Then I 'm sure we will have feelers out and there was talk of a marquee signing which I think is needed to grow membership sales. Cannot wait to put this horrific season behind us and to start with a clean slate.

Shouldn't but.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member29122No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 22 200717 years142nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
12th May 24 10:1312th May 24 17:06LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: 2017 : Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:56 pm  
Zook Ema's Hose wrote:
The final five minutes yesterday was possibly the most humiliating and abject surrender by a Hull KR side. As I expected the game was comfortably won but the loss of Cockayne meant we were not able to hold out.

Ironically this could be of benefit in the long term as the woeful judgment of the board and management in squad is given a free pass to get rid of their mistakes and we start again. The thing I question now is why as a Championship club we need a chairman, vice chairman, Lowe, Sheens, Smith and Peacock all in senior positions. When you think our squad is going to be the likes of G Horne and co, this seems very top-heavy to me when we're not even paying for players sports massages then complaining about injuries.

I have to say if we'd gone back to Sandercock's basics of youth development and sports science and got rid of him for Chester we would almost certainly still be in super league. Sadly the board remained stuck in the '80's ballboy' mindset and recruit the likes of Chester and Webster out of sentiment as if them having played for Rovers beats actual coaching competence. Unless we sort this out the road back will be a tough one. It may also help that FC won at Wembley so Hudgell can STFU about something almost forty years ago and which has zero relevance to today's league. Small time springs to mind.

I'd heard that players were having to pay for their own massages. Can't see that improving next year
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach10000No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 03 200420 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
5th Dec 20 08:087th Nov 20 13:24LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: 2017 : Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:30 pm  
Zook Ema's Hose wrote:

Got to admit, that's a good response.

If Sheens stays, he could help in rebuilding the club in a sensible way.
Uppo58 
RankPostsTeam
International Star594
JoinedServiceReputation
May 16 201113 years293rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
6th Mar 24 01:141st Feb 24 08:29LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: 2017 : Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:56 pm  
Zook Ema's Hose wrote:

Well done Zook, amazing effort. We can almost hear the applause from your red and white campardres. You were absolutely right in your initial predictions, just a bit unlucky with your posts being 3m short and other teams taking surprise long drop goals when your not quite ready. So don't you take any notice of them trying to ridicule you. Sing your song loud loud and proud "Rovers till you die" and everything will be ok.
Previous