JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 10 20231 year194th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th May 24 07:4317th May 24 15:47LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Mr. Zucchini Head wrote:
I think there's the skeleton of a half decent team in there if only we start picking players in their proper positions and just start playing with a bit of pride. Maybe Rovers eased off a bit in the second half, I'm not sure, and I know we had the wind, but either way it was miles better from us, and if we had brought that from minute one we just might have given ourselves a chance.

Maybe it is a bit early to be making Charles the main man, but at the minute I don't see a better option. Smith tries hard but just isn't good enough, and if it wasn't already obvious that Brown should be at 9 then it certainly should be now. Tell Charles he's got the job until Trueman is back, and just him go and express himself and make mistakes and learn from them. I think he's really got something, but he needs the exposure at this level to be able to develop.

If we can avoid our props being banned all the time I think we can do OK. Ese'ese and Pele were a handful when they were on together. Pele has a lot to work on but I'm sure there's a player in there somewhere.

A lot of people call Okunbor lazy. I think he's just a little bit soft. He seems reluctant to do the tough stuff, and doesn't seem at all keen on putting himself in places where he knows it's going to hurt. He makes a lot of tackles, but he's windy. I'm not sure that's something that you are ever going to be able to change.

I’d suggest 3 runs for 58 meters and thats inflated with a charge down is pretty lazy, first carry in the 31st minute for a second rower is a disgrace.
RankPostsTeam
New Signing61No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 27 20240 years276th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th May 24 08:2816th May 24 08:29LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

The games afoot wrote:
Will he be still brilliant when he hasn’t delivered a trophy….your nowhere near the level of Sts or Wigan,Warrington have already done you..Catalan are a better team so your stuck in the middle teams as for us…yes we are a bottom 2 team but not long ago you wasn’t even a S/L team but got to your heady heights by rebuilding and we will as well….so don’t get to cocky pal as it doesn’t last at all.You choked in a final and then got a absolute battering in another semi final…end of the day mate…no matter where both teams finish in league,it’s a results business and we will both win nowt.At least we have won something in the last 39 years

Sadly this constant living in the past is probably the reason your in this mess. Every single Rovers supporter is more than happy to keep progressing bit by bit, year on year. As for Hull they are lower than Rovers have ever been without the huge safety net of a points system you are facing oblivion.

What astounds me the most is why Hull fans buy the rhetoric and propaganda spines by Pearson every year and now his apprentice Tony Smith.

If and it’s a big if Pearson is telling the truth he has spent to cap, Smith should be sacked now buying the misfits he as.

3-5 years of this would destroy the most hardened supporters but that’s what the future holds for you.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7243
JoinedServiceReputation
May 06 200915 years31st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th May 24 17:1118th May 24 18:00LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
once a black and white always a black and white COYH

The Cooke Report wrote:
Sadly this constant living in the past is probably the reason your in this mess. Every single Rovers supporter is more than happy to keep progressing bit by bit, year on year. As for Hull they are lower than Rovers have ever been without the huge safety net of a points system you are facing oblivion.

What astounds me the most is why Hull fans buy the rhetoric and propaganda spines by Pearson every year and now his apprentice Tony Smith.

If and it’s a big if Pearson is telling the truth he has spent to cap, Smith should be sacked now buying the misfits he as.
W
3-5 years of this would destroy the most hardened supporters but that’s what the future holds for you.
We appreciate you concern. Now jog off there's a good lad
RankPostsTeam
International Star7133No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 04 201410 years8th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th May 24 00:2718th May 24 18:54LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

RockNRolla wrote:
If you have read Gaz Eliis's book you'll know that Grix was brought in becuase Smith was taking a step back from hands on day to day coaching.

So he can get his mid morning nap
RankPostsTeam
International Star7133No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 04 201410 years8th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th May 24 00:2718th May 24 18:54LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Markyboy69 wrote:
I was told ( and someone might tell me differently, thats fine) that kr had gone thru several physio's this season already due to not a nice environent to work in !

Oh poor things
Could it be that they were not considered to be up to the job that the coach demanded.
Say what you like about HKR they are miles ahead of us,not just financially but in quality players and a no nonsense coach who has the team very fit and made them difficult to beat with a tough defence.

Take a note tinkering Tony Tough defence
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7234No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 07 200518 years29th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th May 24 18:3512th May 24 18:42LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
2016 The Year of the Airlie Bird -on sale NOW, price £15, BUY THE BOOK RE-LIVE THE DREAM!

The Cooke Report wrote:

Possibly agree with most of what you say, these are tough times and we are certainly second best in the City. However, from a club that sang you'll never win at Wembley for 30 years living on a win in 1980 then 'Sadly this constant living in the past' is certainly hypocritical and a bit rich. Pretty good Trolling but be careful what you say.
BP1 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach969
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 04 200519 years143rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th May 24 19:5518th May 24 19:48LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
In the land of wishful thinking once more. Patiently waiting for our time to finally arrive.
Signature
I've been on the internet and have already got a sense of the fans' passion for the club. They are very fanatical - Peter Gentle 12th September 2011.

Money doesn't talk it swears, Obscenity who really cares, Propaganda all is phony.

I'm the son and heir of a shyness which is criminally vulgar.

Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way.

A man who lives in hell can still aspire to heaven.

The Cooke Report wrote:
As for Hull they are lower than Rovers have ever been.

Between 1994-2006 hull kr were a second division club, in fact in 1995/96 they were a third division club!
During that TWELVE year period hull kr flirted with disappearing into oblivion on more than one occasion, do the letters CVA mean anything to you?

Now, obviously, it's not going too well for us at the minute, but as we are tenth in the SL table we are not, therefore, a second division club, let alone a third division outfit as hull kr were in 1995/96.

Hence, your above statement is factually incorrect!

(Don't you just hate it when simple incontrovertible facts disprove flawed arguments!).
CarlB 
RankPostsTeam
Academy Player89No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 21 20222 years212th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th May 24 17:2418th May 24 10:36LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

BP1 wrote:
Between 1994-2006 hull kr were a second division club, in fact in 1995/96 they were a third division club!
During that TWELVE year period hull kr flirted with disappearing into oblivion on more than one occasion, do the letters CVA mean anything to you?

Now, obviously, it's not going too well for us at the minute, but as we are tenth in the SL table we are not, therefore, a second division club, let alone a third division outfit as hull kr were in 1995/96.

(Don't you just hate it when simple incontrovertible facts disprove flawed arguments!).

I remember the days Rovers temporarily became known as Hull CVA. I found it amusing up until the point it emerged local a charity were given 15p against every pound they were promised. As low as we are we haven't scaled the depths our neighbours have.

They are years ahead of us. They have brought in a good coach who has nailed his recruitment and they should be very optimistic. I'm envious, significantly.

I'm not personally in despair. I think we are a good coaching appointment who recruits well away from steadying the ship. It's that simple.

The less-so-simple aspect is our owner is out of his depth. He's not a crisis manager and I fear to pig-headed to do what is required. That's perhaps a little flippant, but as he's a none communicator we can only deduce our own conclusions on the the little comms we get.
CarlB 
RankPostsTeam
Academy Player89No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 21 20222 years212th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th May 24 17:2418th May 24 10:36LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

BP1 wrote:

I remember the days Rovers temporarily became known as Hull CVA. I found it amusing up until the point it emerged local a charity were given 15p against every pound they were promised. As low as we are we haven't scaled the depths our neighbours have.

They are years ahead of us. They have brought in a good coach who has nailed his recruitment and they should be very optimistic. I'm envious, significantly.

I'm not personally in despair. I think we are a good coaching appointment who recruits well away from steadying the ship. It's that simple.

The less-so-simple aspect is our owner is out of his depth. He's not a crisis manager and I fear to pig-headed to do what is required. That's perhaps a little flippant, but as he's a none communicator we can only deduce our own conclusions on the the little comms we get.
RankPostsTeam
Academy Player76No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 17 20222 years251st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th May 24 15:5319th May 24 20:21LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: The Good Friday Derby : Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:06 am  
Did HCC "gift" Caravan Park and the surrounding land to them or did they purchase it for a nominal fee? This deal was undoubtedly the catalyst for their resurgence. What is preventing HCC giving us and the Tigers a similar leg up at the MKM?
PreviousNext